It is with humbleness and happiness that I acknowledge my nomination for the “Versatile Blogger Award”, especially considering it came from Barking In The Dark.
I did not know what the “Versatile Blogger Award” was until wordsfallfrommyeyes (a blog I am just now beginning to read and know I will love) commented on one of my posts that Mr. Bark had nominated me for one. (He’s so sneaky that guy). See, I’m fairly new to the blogging world and all of its nuances. The VBA is an honor that a fellow blogger bestows upon you when they think that maybe your blog is worth reading because they kind of like it. It’s a really nice way to acknowledge things other people produce, and then you pay it forward.
There are some rules to accepting this award. They are:
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this award along to between 5-15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Thank you so much Bark, for liking what I write enough to say so publicly. I love Barking In The Dark. I stumbled upon Bark’s (we’re on a first-word-of-blog-title-basis now. Jealous?) blog by surfing and hoping to find something interesting to read. I hit pay dirt. It is sleek, exceedingly witty and creative, funny as all HELL, beyond clever and razor-sharp with just a hint of hippielibness. So you know, I’m a die-hard fan. I implore you to read it.
On to the other rules:
7 Things About Myself:
- I wanted to be an actor since…I can remember. And I was for a long while. But somewhere around 13 years old I toyed with the idea of going into archeology, because I found it fascinating and still do. What’s weird is that when I became a college Theatre major, the Theatre Building (as it was referred to) also housed the very tiny campus Archeology department. Not exactly natural bedfellows, eh?
- I love National Geographic. When it comes in the mail I get very excited and anxiously await reading it that night in bed. I have been a National Geographic member since 1993, and carry their crazy little ID card in my wallet. It has yet to get me into any hip, awesome nightclubs or anything, but I kind of like that it’s in there.
- I believe in UFO’s and ghosts. I believe with all of my heart I’ve seen both.
- I truly think that love makes the world go ’round.
- It really bugs me when people other than me say trite shit like #4.
- I like to swear. I think curse words are underrated. One of the best compliments I’ve ever gotten was from a very good, well-respected actor I admired when he said: “Damn, you really swear well. You do. It doesn’t sound dirty coming from you, and you still sound intelligent when you do it.” Fuckin’-A.
- I love Taco Bell.
Nominate Between 5-15 Blogs You Enjoy Reading:
- A Face From The Crowd: Great blog by someone I’ve known for a very long time. He’s funny and charming and he basically let me and all of our friends live rent-free in his basement apartment in college even though we had our own places to live. He’s a very insightful, heartfelt writer and his blog is always a good read about life, with some sports thrown in. I forgive him for not only being a Chicago White Sox fan but also working for them. Cubs, baby…wait til next year!
- Whine & Roses: If you like highly intellectual snark and thinly veiled sarcasm, poignant story telling and HUMOR, and aren’t quite sure you think Gwyneth Paltrow is, or deserves to be, the archetypal woman in today’s world… please read Jen’s blog.
- Doodlemum: Ohhhhh I just ADORE this blog. Beautiful, humorous, whimsically endearing sketches of the daily life surrounding one mother. She captures motherhood and childhood so perfectly. I wish I could do what she does, but it couldn’t be better than how she does it.
- Stilettos and Sneakers: An oh-so powerful blog by one woman who has lived a life worthy of a major motion-picture. She’s an actor, AIDS activist, hilariously fucking funny, and wise to the world in ways that most of us will never know. Please read.
- Kimberly’s Page: A Black Girl’s Poetry for the World: Loving the written word all of my life, I have never been an exceedingly avid fan of poetry in the strict sense of the word. But I find Kim’s poetry haunting. It moves me in its simple, but never simplistic, style. She conveys raw emotion with such grace and eloquence. I never fail to read her new posts.
- Little Fish in a Big Pond: Very good predominantly political, liberally focused blog by a college student. She’s fantastic and just waaaay more on top of things than I was at her age. She’s going places. Check her out.
- Partisan Dawn: I think this blog has my favorite tag line, which is: “Because There’s No Such Thing as a Moderate Republican”. Great writing and commentary supporting the Liberal in all of us. Okay, some of us. Really good.
- The Hack Novelist: Great insight into the progression, frustration and excitement of one writer as he attempts to write and publish his first novel. Very good, very interesting.
- dadcope: A truly heartrending blog by a newly divorced dad trying to cope and thrive in his new life. He hasn’t posted in a while and I wish he’d come back. The peek into his life and the manner in which he conveys it is often funny, sometimes heartbreaking and always leaves you wanting to hear more.
- She’s Got a Mouth on Her: Wonderful blog by a woman who just wants the world to be a better place. She conveys so well her thoughts and ideas about how to do that without coming off as preachy, which I love. Very well-written and sometimes edgy. She’s my kind of girl.
- Inner Workings of My Mind: Fascinating blog written by a Muslim woman. She has a huge following, and I just happened to come across it one day…to this post in particular. She’s so open and forthright and gives deep insight into the life of a woman living in a world so many in this country are afraid to acknowledge at all, except through fear. Wonderful humanity.
- forum decorum: Decidedly male point-of-view on life, and women. His expression on the female form can be a little jarring – from a chick’s perspective – but I definitely appreciate his candor. Some funny stuff. Some interesting takes on the female of the species. I enjoy reading it.
- Under the Lobsterscope: Retired gentleman (who was once a Broadway producer, which I dig) who clearly isn’t retired from wanting to be part of the conversation. Very intelligent, well-thought out commentary on politics and life in general.
- The Unknowledge Tree: Very funny blog about the miscellaneous in life. Very well done, visually stimulating and it makes me laugh. I love to laugh.
There are more. I wish I had time in the day to thoroughly read all the interesting blogs I come across. What a world we live in that we each get our own voice in this way if we want it.
Cool, very cool.
Pingback: Versatile Blogger Award — Thank You! « thoughtstomull
Well, you’re a find!
Thanks for coming by and you can be sure I’ll be back here as well. And congrats on the Versatile Blogger Award. Sweet.
Thank you, that’s how I feel about you, what a find!
Pingback: Versatile Blogger Award — Thank You! « thoughtstomull
Thank you for dropping by my blog last night and big congrats on the versatile blogger award. I read that post quickly and you are funny as hell. Oh, and swearing is totally underrated!!!
Thank you, and thank you for dropping by mine as well! I look forward to reading more of yours. I’m glad you think it’s underrated also. Saying “Oooh, ouch” when you stub your toe just doesn’t cut it.
Great writing, as usual. Glad to see you being noted for it!!!
you deserve it, and i am humbled by your prais–ooh, wait a minute…are you lulabel? oh shit… :-) i am SO kidding (i cannot help myself) thanks lilabell, i love your blog because, among other things, you’re funny. continue…
Lulabel is my crazy-ass evil twin. You ought to read her blog “DieHippieLib”. She’s so clever. When are we going to get live recordings of your odes??? I’m waitING…
Thank you. :)